Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Descent of the Holy Spirit Gives us Life

Tomorrow is Pentecost, when we remember the moment Christ, sitting at the right hand of God sends the Holy Spirit to fill us, lift us, inspire us, guide us, and at times carry us. We wear red and celebrate the birth of the church, the occasion of us being given the tool needed to carry on and to do God's will in all that we do. Tomorrow, we will welcome the newest member of the Church of God, Jaiden Cooper as he is baptized at the 11:15 Eucharist. At both 9 and 11:15 everyone will be offered a red balloon to carry in procession and hold throughout the day as we welcome the tongues of fire brought to inflame our hearts minds and souls. It is a GRAND day in the church and I hope as many of you as possible will join us. The Holy Spirit is our lifeblood, the Holy Spirit is the person of the Trinity who fills us, leads us and follows us. If we let the Holy Spirit have room and if we listen carefully for her direction, her nudging, we will know peace.
Tomorrow we will also recognize our Sunday School teachers and later in the day we'll bid the program a year a final adieu with the annual choir banquet (you don't want to miss the skit---Mother Liza and Mr Bruns in a Name that Hymn contest orchestrated by Ms Rockwood and Mother Cathy.

2 comments:

  1. hi there bros. I'm honestly into shoes and I was looking for that particular brand. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers were about 170 dollars on every site. But finally I set this area selling them someone is concerned half price. I really love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order them. what is your opinion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. good evening fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking for the sake of that particular make. The prices seeking the boots were approximately 310 dollars on every site. But completely I bring about this area selling them someone is concerned half price. I exceptionally like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase them. what can you say about it?

    ReplyDelete